How was your weekend? I’d planned on tying up the loose ends on a lot of projects that I’ve started but our social lives took over! 3 days later, nope nothing got done. 🙁 I mean, off late I’ve been dragging my feet when it comes to finishing up that one last project in a room otherwise ready for the big reveal! Enough of that, it’s time I held myself up to my list……………….
The last time we did something like this was in September. Got to admit that in all the holiday frenzy I haven’t worked on much in terms of room makeovers.
- The breakfast nook –In exactly the same spot as we left, 90% done. You can read all about the room revel here. The bright light though is that after pondering over the light fixture for months I think I found something that would work at HomeGoods over the weekend. Now to make it into DIY chandelier. Yay or nay?
Powder room– Done!!! The only thing that I can cross off the list this time around. A sudden change of plans that resulted in the vintage newspaper wallpaper being used in the powder instead of the laundry did the trick! We love the new look.
- The upstairs retreat –Again where we left off at 60% done. The ladder shelves were installed back in August but are waiting for the chandelier for the master reveal. After losing my first try against it B is strongly discouraging me from trying it again. I on the other hand am not ready to accept defeat at the hands of an vintage lace chandy yet! 🙁
- The laundry room – Ahem…this is a project that got started over the Christmas break. The room is painted and the shelves are installed. Now for the styling and oh did I tell you I have plans of making another chandelier for this room. Sensing a pattern here? Yes, I’m in the DIY light fixture land now! By the way we got an awesome deal on the shelves at Home Depot, check it out.
- Complete the Family Room. We are inching our way to progress here. Found the fabric for my 2 Craigslist cane chairs on my trip to Charlotte. B even started unstapling one of the chairs. That is progress, right?
- Coat closet downstairs. This one looks like a strong candidate for expedition. Will be able to give you more details soon.
- My daughter’s room – There is a new crystal chandelier (which I found for $10 on one of our FB yard sale groups) that needs to be painted and hung.
- Build a Vegetable Bed in the backyard – This is a brand new item on the list that I’m very excited about. Hopefully will work out as planned.
Long shot projects
- Our master bedroom closets. We did check out the Elfa sale and absolutely love the stuff but something came up. Will have to keep this at low priority for now.
- The guest bedroom upstairs. Other than these vintage chair prints I found at Goodwill no plans for the room yet but you maybe in for a surprise on this one. Lately I’ve been getting so many ideas for this room.
- Our master bedroom where the only update so far has been a West Elm duvet. I think I know what I want for this room even the actual products but it will have to wait till I finish off other projects above it on the list.
All the other ‘one day will do’ projects are the same as the previous list. I think if I can fast track a few things here and there then I can knock quite a few items off the list this time. What do you think? Is your To Do List this long? How did you fare against your last year’s list?
Jennifer @ Brave New Home says
Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to seeing the laundry room.
Vidya Sukumaran says
Thanks Jen, hopefully this weekend.
Reshma Sanjeev says
Vidya, Exactly same thing happened with me….had lots of plan but did nothing….:-). Your HomeGoods find will make a good chandelier, go for it. Waiting to see you laundry makeover.
Vidya Sukumaran says
I love to do lists, as ong as one has the satisfaction of crossing out items with a big DONE! Yes to the chadelier from the turquoise sphere! Most of my to-do list gets done for the holidays because everyone visits then and summer is for gardening! Love the bathroom “newspaper”!!
Vidya Sukumaran says
Thanks Peggy. Oh yeah the satisfaction of crossing something off the list is priceless. Sometimes I cheat and wait for some projects to finish to publish the ‘To Do List’ post, so that I have more things to cross off on the list! 😉