As I was listing out things to do with my thrift shop finds for yesterday’s post I realized that I have so many ideas for the rest of the house….in my mind but nothing on paper/excel. So here is my cheat sheet with a list of projects that
Iwe have to tackle sooner or later. No, this is not a list of every little project that we will do but more of an ‘at large’ list of the rooms that we have to get to.
- The top most priority, the office room which now has only the Craigslist desk. Complete blank slate. I have finalized the paint color and all, will let you in on the details soon.
- Get the outdoor landscaping in order. This is going to be a big one. So we will be doing it in parts, starting next week.
- The half done guest bedroom in the basement. Why half done? The walls are painted, the bed, the bedding, side tables, lamps, and curtains are done. It is large room so it is screaming for more furniture. Both the Salvation Army lamp and the Craigslist chair are going to go in there. Here is a sneak peak of where we left of.
- Set up an art studio/craft room for me to work on projects. Now I compete for space with the kids homework on our dining table. There is really no spare room, so I would have to section off a part of the hall in the basement.
- Spruce up the deck.
- Another half done project, the powder room on the main floor. Was not really satisfied after the paint job, still feel like it needs something extra. Don’t really care for that oval builder grade mirror either. By the way, that is where my ‘Lady in Orange’ resides. I painted the towels to match the design in the painting.
- The guest bedroom upstairs, again nothing in there other than a sleigh bed and side tables.Hoping to use those vintage chair prints from Goodwill for this room.
- Of course the retreat, which I have already blogged about here.
- The kitchen, where the only things we have done so far is to hang the capiz pendants and add two bar stools. Luckily we had opted for some upgrades in here when we built the home. All it needs is a back-splash and some accessories, right?
- Need to finish off the family room which is done in parts; couch, floating shelves, and the mantle.
- Paint/decorate the foyer and the staircase landing.
- The master bedroom needs some serious love.
- All the bathrooms are still white and blah.
- The laundry room is totally dysfunctional. Laundry is the only task that I absolutely hate to do. No amount of decorating is gonna change my opinion on that one. Hence the close to the bottom listing. 🙂
- Finally the basement hall. It is a mammoth of a room and currently houses our old leather couch and entertainment center from our previous home. No idea what to do with this big open space. I am hoping that once I set up the art studio more ideas will fall into place.
Long list, huh? Buckle up, seat belts tight (Universal hangover), and get ready to be a part of our fun journey. I’m targeting 3 yrs for all this and some more. 🙂 Overly optimistic?
I think you can do all these within an yr . Btw, you are a super woman. Once the guest room iawesome ready,we will plan a trip.:-)
LOL! With a full time job, no way. You don’t need to wait till the guest bedroom is done to come. 🙂 Thank U Prajusha.