I know it is well overdue. The last time I talked about our ‘To Do List‘ was in August of last year.
So let’s dive right into it!
- The guest bedroom in the basement
.DONE! DONE! DONE! Read about it here.
- The breakfast nook. I recently refinished the table. Now got to do the chairs, find a correct size rug, and create the plate wall. Still on the look out for that perfect light fixture.
- Complete the Family Room. This is one of the rooms where we have made steady progress. We got the new media console and the two Craigslist chairs that I need to refinish. An end table, some lighting, a chest, and vignette on the empty wall will finish off this room.
- My standard builder closet. This is something I can’t get done fast enough. There is zero space for storage as it is.
- Coat closet downstairs. Same issue as the one above. Need a lot more organization and cubbies and hooks.
- The laundry room is next up as it is totally dysfunctional. Laundry is the only task that I absolutely hate to do. No amount of decorating is gonna change my opinion on that one as you saw here. Still worth a try, right?
- Paint the foyer and the staircase landing.
- Cover up the electrical box in front of the house with landscaping.
- Spruce up the deck seasonally.
- Set up an art studio/craft room for me to work on projects. Now I compete for space with the kids homework on our dining table. There is really no spare room, so I would have to section off a part of the hall in the basement.
- Another half done project, the powder room on the main floor. Was not really satisfied after the paint job, still feel like it needs something extra. Don’t really care for that oval builder grade mirror either. By the way, that is where my ‘Lady in Orange’ resides.
- Of course the retreat, which I have already blogged about here.
- And of course our master bedroom where the only update so far has been a West Elm duvet.
Now for the things that I know I won’t get around to this year.
- The guest bedroom upstairs. Again nothing in there other than a sleigh bed and side tables. Hoping to use those vintage chair prints from Goodwill for this room.
- The kitchen, where the only thing we have done so far is to hang the capiz pendants and add two bar stools. Luckily we had opted for some upgrades in here when we built the home. It still needs a back-splash and some accessories.
- All the bathrooms are still white and blah.
- Finally the basement hall. It is a mammoth of a room and currently houses our old leather couch and entertainment center from our previous home. No idea what to do with this big open space. I am hoping that once I set up the art studio more ideas will fall into place.
Let us see how far I get on the list. Are planning on any projects around your home?