To tell ya the truth I had no plans of making a garland for my Christmas mantel this year but then I saw these pretty gift tags at the Hallmark store!
In no time the easiest Christmas garland ever was hanging on my mantel.
Unlike the poster board circles garland I made a few years ago (where the end result was great but took a lot of effort) this gift tag garland is one my most “bang for your effort buck” projects.
To make these you’d need;
- Pretty Gift Tags (mine are from Hallmark)
- A Roll of Bead Garland (I just re-used mine from last year’s Christmas tree)
- Painter’s tape (to attach it to the mantel)
- Twist tie
- The standard roll of bead garland is usually double the length of a regular mantel. So fold the garland in two.
- With a twist tie, tie the two open ends securely.
- Tape this end to one side of the mantel with painter’s tape.
- Move to the other end of the mantel, stretch the garland out and twist. Once the twists become tight knot the end of the garland in your hand on itself. This will prevent the twists from unraveling.
- Now tape the knotted end of the bead garland on to the other end of the mantel.
- Tie the gift tag that you want to go in the center first. From there, eye ball the distance to both ends and tie the other tags.
That is all there is to it!
A great way to use up all those extra holiday gift tags from the previous years or even the ones you have this year, don’t you think?
PS: I’m out the rest of the week, so see you back on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Leave a Reply