My main pet peeves with Whole 30 all center around breakfast cause I’m not a big fan of eating meats for breakfast. Nor do I like eggs or sweet potatoes. On my Whole 30 round 1 (I just finished week 1 of my round 2) after a few days of trying to eat scrambled eggs, the only way I can eat eggs (absolutely hate hard boiled eggs, omelets are meh, let’s not even go to sunny side up or its variations) I was ready to give up but then my monkey #1 discovered this recipe for roasted vegetables as he was looking up dishes for our Thanksgiving menu. It was such a big hit at our family Thanksgiving dinner that I decided to make it again. This time I decided to add some scrambled eggs to the veggies and try it for breakfast. Yummoo!
Ever since this has been my breakfast staple, even on non-Whole 30 days. I crave this roasted vegetable and egg hash when I run out!
Seriously I’m addicted! It is the perfect combo of my favorite veggies (yes, I discovered I love roasted sweet potatoes) coated in a light herb mix.
I usually make it on Sunday evenings and this batch of 5 servings lasts me the whole week.
Each morning I scramble 2 eggs (whole 30 requires you to eat around 3-4, as much as you can hold in your hands but this is the max I can tolerate) and add to my portion for the day, and have it with a good dash of Frank’s hot sauce. Perfect!
- 1 Cup Turnip cut into ½" cubes
- 3 Cups Sweet potato- cut into ½" cubes
- 2 Cups Mushrooms halved or quarters depending on size
- 1 Cup Carrots cut into ¼ " circles
- 2 Cups Baby radishes quartered
- 6 Brussels sprouts halved
- 2.5 Cups Cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary (powdered if it is leaves)
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 11 by 17 inch baking sheet pan with olive oil.
- Place vegetables in the baking sheet, add the dried herbs, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Toss well so that the vegetables are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
- Spread the vegetables evenly in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 mins. If using frozen veggies you might have to bake for 45-50 mins.
- Scramble eggs separately and add to the hash. Serve with a dash of Frank's hot sauce.