Do you love something so much that after a few months without it you feel a void in your life? For me it is making terrariums. A moss terrarium was one of the first DIY projects I ever tried and blogged about. Then there was another terrarium, another, another, and another. Wait, there is more………….Ok you get the point. So while I was DIY’ing ornaments this year I kept thinking, “Why not a terrarium ornament? That would be so me!” When I spotted the perfect little container at Michaels it was a match made in heaven!
A nice chic addition to my Christmas decor, all for 3 minutes of hard work. No kidding, that’s all it took to build this terrarium ornament. 🙂
MaterialsA cute jar – Michaels – This one was $0.99, seriously! Miniature deer figurines – Micheals – $2.25 for a pack of 4 Dried Moss – Already had Baker’s twine – Micheals – $2.29 Any embellishments for your terrarium – I added 2 Holly berries and a small stick from the yard.
Instructions to Build a Terrarium Christmas Ornament
- Wipe the container clean and add small pieces of dried Moss, gently pushing them down.
- Carefully place the deer into the moss making sure that he is well anchored and doesn’t move around.
- Add the terrarium embellishments one after the other.
- Clean any dirt that might have stuck to the sides of the jar with a damp paper towel.
- Let the terrarium air out a bit so that all the moisture is gone.
- Now close the lid tight.
- Loop a piece of Baker’s twine across the steel connectors to form a hook.
- There…your masterpiece is done! I told ya, all in 3 mins!
Do check out the other Day 3 ornaments of our 12 Days of Christmas series.
Yarn Ball Ornament by Remodelando la Casa | Mason Jar Ring Fabric Ornament by Mom 4 Real | Cranberry Rosemary Glass Ornament by The Happier Homemaker | DIY Wire Star Ornament by Bigger Than The Three Of Us | DIY Polaroid Photo Ornament by Lovely Etc. | Glitter Monogram Glass Ball by Serendipity Refined | “Snow” Dipped Glass Ball Ornament by May Richer Fuller Be | Terrarium Ornament by Whats Ur Home Story | Ribbon & Stick Christmas Tree Ornament by All Things G&D | Snowflake Christmas Wreath by Thrifty and Chic | Plaid Mason Jar Lid Ornament by Cherished Bliss | Red & White Ribbon Wrapped Ornaments by It All Started With Paint